FINANCIAL CONTROLLER, Central Oxford
£40-50K Per Annum (Pro-Rata)
Are you a sharp and clear-thinking individual that is interested in underpinning day to day financial operations and helping to shape a future financial strategy? We are a Product Design Consultancy that runs a variety of projects using a range of different financial models including man hours and fixed price. We have ambitious growth plans and we are now looking for someone who can join us and support the financial side of our business.
Who are we?
We create exciting and original new products and technologies, by blending our skills of design, mechanics, electronics and engineering know-how. We work with all sorts of clients, from house hold names through to entrepreneurs that have had ‘lightbulb’ idea. Our talented team is based in Jericho, just a ten minute walk from the bus and train station.
Who are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate would be someone with:
- A scrupulous eye for detail and a methodical approach
- Advanced analytical and critical thinking skills
- A desire to evolve and optimise our existing systems
- Enthusiasm about moving our business to the next phase of growth
- Ambition to make OPD more competitive and profitable
- Experience of working in a position of financial authority
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA accredited with advanced Excel Skills
- Knowledge of Xero Accounting Software (desirable, but not essential)
- Experience of working in a Consultancy or Agency environment
What does the job involve?
- Supporting business growth decisions with relevant financial information
- Developing our reporting
- Managing and maintaining the Xero Accounting System
- Managing the financial function of WorkFlowMax Project Management Software and its integration with Xero
- Producing weekly project financial dashboard reporting
- Creating monthly management accounts
- Preparation of draft end of year accounts
- Running monthly payroll and returns to HMRC
- Management of OPD’s NEST pension scheme
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Managing invoicing within the business and tracking invoice payment status
- Chasing debtors
- Cashflow management
- Assessing financial exposure and risk in the projects we run
- Bank reconciliation and responsibility for setting up bank payments
- Producing annual budgets and future forecasts
- Annual returns to Companies House
What you’ll get in return
- A great working environment in our Oxford office
- Flexible, in between school runs or whatever working arrangement you need to fit around the rest of your life
- Either full time or part time (3 days minimum) per week, depending on what works best for you
- Investment in your training and development
- 25 days holiday (based on a full time position, holidays are pro-rata depending on how many days you work) plus bank holidays and pension scheme
Send us a copy of your CV and an email explaining what makes you the candidate we’re looking for by Monday May 13th, 2019. If you’ve got any questions then just drop an email to Clare at info(at)opd.uk.com and we’ll do our best to reply ASAP.